Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Thursday, February 1, 2007

I signed up for what???

I received an e-mail reminding me to pick up my race packet tomorrow for the 10 mile beach run I registered for several weeks ago.

Ooops!

I'm feeling better, as far as my cold goes, but I'm not sure that I'll be able to crank out 10 miles on Sunday, especially given the fact that the team will be meeting at 6:45 Saturday morning for a 3 mile run.

But, it's paid for, so I'll head out and do my best. Worst case scenario, I'll have another t-shirt for my collection, and I'll look for shells along the way. I'm hoping to talk my hubby into bringing a the 4 kidlets along, since they will have a blast looking for shells. It's just so hard to keep track of them all, especially in situations with crowds. We'll see how adventurous he's feeling that day.

I received a donation of one month free membership from Gold's Gym, which was very cool. I sent out some e-mails to the big boys (Nike, Garmin, Powerade, Gatorade, etc), we'll see if I hear back from any of them. I know it's a stretch, as they must get thousands of requests a day, but I figured I had nothing to lose in asking, right?

No running tonight, it is storming pretty intensely right now....rain, wind, thunder lightening, I feel like I'm back in New Orleans again.

No comments: