Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

People are awesome!

I was very happy today to receive a call from a local bed and breakfast, responding to an e-mail I had sent them, requesting a donation for a one night stay. They are sending me the certificate in the mail...woohoo! I am going to combine it with some gift certificates at other local restaurants, working on a bottle of wine from a local grower, and I will create a weekend getaway to St. Augustine for a raffle.

I also have a friend who is helping me try to put together another fund raising idea that I have....a Team In Training Cookbook. I already have recipes compiled for a cookbook I was never able to complete in time for my family for the holidays. I would like to have other teammates add some of theirs, and spotlight our local honoree and some others in the area who have been affected by leukemia and lymphoma, and add their stories to the cookbook, as well as some facts on Team in Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I think if we can actually get this in print, it will make for a nice fund raiser. Keeping fingers crossed that we can get a printer to sponsor it.

Other than that, I'm recovering from my cold. I'm pretty sure my run on Sunday pushed me back in my recovery a little, so I'm taking it easy on runs for a few days.

My kids have been in prime form this week too. I have a new motto:

My kids inspire me to run. They make me want to run away from home every day!

Ah well, it's a good thing they are cute or they would have been on E-bay a long time ago.

As John Bingham would say, "Waddle on".

No comments: