Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Thursday, February 8, 2007

This is the cold that never ends.......

I haven't done any running since Sunday's 10 miler. I pushed myself, and I knew it, and now I'm paying for it with the cold that never ends. I was starting to get better, but have taken 2 steps back. Hopefully I will be feeling better for our team run this Saturday morning.

I am excited to have received a donation of a boat excursion to add to my St. Augustine getaway basket. I could leave it at what I have and start the raffle, but I put in one last request of a donation of a bottle of wine from a St. Augustine winery. I think that would be the icing on the cake. If I don't hear back by tomorrow afternoon, I'll start working on the raffle tickets and selling them.

I also ordered my Allie pin to wear in her honor (link to her website to the right), and a Friends of Allie bear to display when I set up donation tables and such.

I've received another donation on my web site, thank you to all who have donated so far.

I've only started this whole process a couple of weeks ago, and I can't imagine what it will feel like to cross the finish line in June. All I know is that when this run is done, I'm signing up for the next one.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Just letting you know I was checking in on you!