Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Sunday, February 4, 2007

Weekend runs

I met up with my team yesterday morning, and we did a nice 3.1 mile run. It was nice running with a group of people, versus by myself, as I usually do. Everyone was encouraging each other, and the faster runners were doubling back to give everyone high fives and telling them what a great job they were doing.

One member of the team was telling everyone that her husband has just been diagnosed with cancer again. She said last time she dealt with the stress by eating and gaining weight, but that this time she wanted to release her stress in a more positive way, by doing something healthy, and something proactive for her husband all at the same time. She may not be the fastest runner on the team, but I tell you what, she's the strongest in my book.

Today was my 10 mile beach run. I had signed up for it a few weeks ago, and although I am getting over a nasty cold, I am stubborn and did the run anyway. I agree, not the best idea, but I am hard headed that way. My time wasn't great (1 hour 55 minutes) averaging around 11.30 minute mile, but given that I was pumped full of cold meds, I am happy that I completed it...lol. I feel fine now, but by mile 6 I was wondering what the heck I was doing.

I've received a few more donations around town, including a $50 gift certificate from Hooters. I should start a thread to acknowledge those who are helping out with their donations. It's been great to see such generosity.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

You are doing great Ali! Keep it up. I am cheering you on.