Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Penguins can't fly, but they sure can run!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Hi, my name is Ali and I'm a running gear junkie.

I don't know what it is about the stuff, but I love it. I swear I must do all of the runs just to get the t-shirts! I have enough cool max shirts, shorts, hats, and really do I need anymore socks? But I just love the stuff. I love the shirts with the different sayings on them, such as the one I wore today, 'Running is my Prozac'. I just think it's funny. I wonder if there's a support group out there for people like me.....or am I alone in this obsession....a total freak...lol. Oh well.

Today the team got together and had a great run. We were supposed to do 5 miles, but due to some mix up with the name of the street that we were supposed to run to, we actually ended up doing more than 6. It's funny, I was keeping pace with another runner, and we did the run in 1:02. We thought it had been 5 miles and were bummed, thinking it wasn't great time for us. Then someone pointed out it was closer to a 6.5 mile, and we were happy because it was better than our usual time for that distance, and we high fived each other. It was pretty funny.

I tell you, there are some pretty strong and amazing people on the team. Without revealing details, let me just say that I am so proud to be running with this group. Everyone has their own personal reasons for doing this, and some of them are just so profound. It goes beyond just getting out there and running.

As far as fundraising is going.....it's going. I was able to set up a table outside of Blockbuster's last night for an hour and collected $40. I thought that was pretty great. I had chocolate set out for anyone who wanted some.....mental note: Next time don't get the kind I like! I'm glad I did a longer run than expected today.

Well, that's about it for today...."Waddle on".

2 comments:

mommy3 said...

Hi Ali,
Great job on your run! Sounds like training is going well. One of our FOH members mentioned IHOP's National Pancake Day (Feb 20). They serve a free short stack meal from 7am-12pm. She arranged with LLS and the IHOP manager to ask for donations and raised $800 that morning. Just thought I'd pass that on.

Colleen said...

I love the stuff too! I just registered for a local race, and you had the option of registering with or without a t-shirt. Chuck asked if I really needed the shirt. UM.....YES!!!!